Originally Posted by Reeeljiggy
Creativ speling is a sine of hi inteligens.
I'm with An Coimisiun. And I am glad I don't have to know how to spell it to be in it.
I don't know what's good or bad about it, it's just what we have here.
I do like knowing about the other groups though. I think An Coim. is one of the more "modern" groups, or at least that's how it seems to me. Some of the others seem more traditional and less into trends. I don't think one way is better or worse, I'm not saying that, but it's just an observation from things I've seen on the internet. I don't care what group it is, I just love the dancing!!!
Actually, I think an coimisiun is the oldest!
Originally Posted by Colz
According to IDM directory there are 16 organisations....
- An coimsiun le rince gaelacha
- Comhdhail muinteori na rinci gaelacha
- Cumann Rince Naisiunta (CRN)
- Cumann Rince Dea Mheasa (CRDM)
- Celtic Association of Irish Dancing (CAID)
- Festival Irish Dance Teachers Association
- Festval Dance Teachers Association
- Rincoiri Na hEireann (RNH)
- Cetic Women International (CWI)
- Irish Dance Teachers Association of North America (IDTANA)
- Mainland Eurpoe Irish Dancer's Network (MEIDN)
- Nordic Society of Irish Dancers (NSID)
- North America Fein Commission (NAFC)
- Performance Irish Dance Teachers Association (PIDTA)
- World Irish Dance Assosiation (WIDA)
Then I'm in North America Feis commission. I didn't reilize that it was seperate from an coimisiun, though!